The first week of the Lurong Living Paleo Challenge is complete! It was 10 times easier than I ever thought it could be.
- Shopping for paleo-friendly foods the first time took a very long time and was quite challenging. The second time went much faster as I knew exactly what to look for and what I could and could not eat.
- The food I make myself tastes so much better than restaurant food (unless it’s a 3+ star NYC restaurant).
- Restaurant servers tend to get annoyed when you ask them “no butter, no flour, no croutons, olive oil instead please, dressing on the side, what oil is this cooked in?” etc. Unless they know what paleo is (“I asked the chef to put the cheese on the side since you’re paleo”).
- Cooking and prep time really don’t take up that much time.
- I’m not prepared for the WODs (an HOUR to recover????).
- 12 minutes is not long enough to complete 100 kettlebell swings @ 35 lbs and 100 burpees.
- I’m always hungry! Fruits/veggies are just not that filling.
- I didn’t cheat once.
Here’s to week 2! Recipes to come. See you on the flip side.