Now that Cyber Monday is coming to a close (I didn’t buy anything. Did you?), let’s talk about the holiday weekend. My parents (meaning mom and dad) have hosted Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. Now, my father and stepmom and host. As my cousins are all married, every other year the gathering is small. This year was one of the small years. It was cozy but also depressing. My office is closed only for Thanksgiving Day, not Black Friday. I took the day off from work and headed to my father’s beach house with Boyfriend D and Finn. We relaxed Friday afternoon before going out to dinner. Saturday morning we took Finn to the dog park and walked around town with her while drinking hot chocolate. Yes, I know, so not paleo but it was the kind of cold that makes you crave one. We took Finn home and Boyfriend D and I went for last minute massages before going to dinner. We came home Sunday afternoon.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, let’s talk about what we’re thankful for.
- My house for being small enough that it’s cozy and warm but large enough to hold 30 people for Father’s Day
- My job for providing me with an income and not yelling when I show up closer to 10 than to 9
- CrossFit for giving me a healthy outlet
- This blog for allowing me to inspire people all over the world
- Boyfriend D for being my boyfriend and all that entails
- Finn for teaching me how to take care of another living being and for showing me unconditional love
- My friends for always being there
- My family from the west coast for texting me “Hey! Wanna c me?” with less than 24 hours’ notice
- My family for being mostly supportive
- Trainer J for challenging me and coaching me to new PRs and new skills
- You, my Fitters, for taking the time to stop by, whether you have been here before or are here for the first time
Happy Thanksgiving from the two of us!
Tell me, dear readers, how was your holiday and what are you thankful for?