There’s nothing worse than having Writer’s Block. Yes, Writer’s Block deserves capital letters. I get frustrated when I feel like I have nothing to write about. Please give me topics for posts you want to see here.
To fill space tonight, here are some things on my mind:
- If money were no object, I would hire Stacy London to be my personal stylist. She is hilarious while boosting self-confidence and she has a great eye for style. She would get me out of my comfort zone. It’s no “What Not To Wear” and she is lacking Clinton Kelly, but I do enjoy watching the makeovers on “Love, Lust, or Run.”
- Last week I wrote about Pat Conroy and his ability to tell a Holocaust survivor’s story in Beach Music. As I near the end of The Death of Santini, I learned that his mother read him and his sister The Diary of Anne Frank when he was in second grade with the idea being the Conroy family would hide Jews. No wonder he could tell the survivor’s story so well.
- Spring Training has begun! The Mets are back! Spring is around the corner!
- And while we’re talking about spring, it was 50 degrees here in the NYC suburbs and the sun was shining. For the first since October, I was able to be outside without a jacket, scarf, or gloves! Winter was so brutal and had taken such a toll, I was starting to doubt warm weather would ever come back. Today was nothing short of a miracle after Thursday’s 8 inches of snow.
- B and I celebrate our “Friendiversary” every year. This year we celebrated over dinner at Vice Versa (my taste buds were very happy when we left) and laughed endlessly at “Sex Tips for Straight Women From a Gay Man” (not suitable for young audiences; better for a group of girls as part of Girls’ Night Out).
- Even though she is controversial, Patti Stanger offers great advice for singles: “Texting is for teenagers; calling is for men.” Amen.
- If you work Monday-Friday, do you ever go into the office on weekends? Why or why not? I went in today to clean out desk as we’re getting ready to move the office and I didn’t want to waste an actual work day cleaning.
- And finally…daylight savings time and last night’s lost hour. One word: UGH!
Until next time, Fitters. What do you want to see here?