Most people set their New Year’s resolutions/goals just before the New Year begins or on New Year’s Day. I am not “most people”. I had other posts I needed to write first and I’m all about chronological order.
- Learn how to do my own nails: Nope. I have colored polish and I purchased a 2-in-1 base coat/top coat and it’s still sealed.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night: Yup. I make it my business to be in bed by 10 pm on weeknights and do my darnedest to be asleep before 11. I either set my alarm clock for 6:45 – 7 or not at all and it’s been working.
- Give myself time in the morning: Not sure. I have my morning routine: wake up, brush my teeth and do my business, take Finn for a walk, give Finn breakfast, drink 2 cups of water, shower, get dressed, make breakfast (if needed), pack lunch, and go to work. I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s “giving myself time in the morning”; but it works.
- Finn & weekly trips to the dog park: Nope. We go to the dog park about 2 – 3 times every month.
- Maintaining an organized house: Nope. Not to make excuses, but there are only so many hours in a week and I’m only home for even less than that.
Last year I wrote:
- Own it – Own the person I am at work. Own the position I want to be in. Own my accomplishments. Have internal confidence for a job well done even if the job doesn’t reward it (don’t rely on external forces for confidence).
- Grow it – I turn 30 this year. It’s time I turn my department of 1 into a department of more. Stop taking no and keep pushing, pushing for that bigger department, pushing for that true management position.
I’d rather not address work as some of my co-workers read this blog. That being said, I will say I need to hang these mantras on a wall in my office that I can see clearly. As for the department of 1, well, they hired someone to take over that department so I could create a new department.
- Make time for friends: Yup. To the point I need to make time for me and learn to say no to said friends.
Must To Do
- Fence permit: Nope.
- Organize papers: To a certain extent. I’ll organize and then a few months later I’ll need to organize again.
- Bathroom mirror: Nope.
Tell me, dear Fitters, how did you do on your 2015 goals?